Custom or additional Order Status texts

Hi there,

Currently the order status options available are

pending, shipped or cancelled.

Is it possible to add more option to this? For example - “Ready for pickup”, “delayed - we will call you”, “fulfillment in progress”. More points if this can be customizable.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi there,

Can you please tell us why you want to have additional status options? Is it because:

1. You can manage orders internally better? Your team uses these internally.
  2. You want to update the Order timeline in Status page with more details your Customer to see?

Regards,
Aslam

Hi Aslam,

This requirement serves both the purpose. It gives us better internal tracking capability. Moreover it gives the customer a better experience.

Another side to the request is that there is a pickup option available during checkout. But order status does not reflect that option. If a customer chose pickup order and we change order status to shipped, it causes confusion. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Hi Jijo,

We have technical difficulties in providing completely custom status values as of now.

But we plan to add a custom notes feature. These notes will be emailed to the customer and appear on their tracking page when you add them via the dashboard. The title and subject will be customizable.

What do you think about it? Would that solve your issue?

Regards,
Shyjal

1 Like

Hi Shyjal,

Thanks for the reply.

It need not be custom message. If it can be just one more status text that says “Ready for Pickup” that would be great.

The solution about notes is a good thing. Will definitely be handy. My first preference would be the status text.

Thanks

Hi Jijo,

Understood.

We want to keep it simple for now. We will survey people who use the orders section and will add more statuses if it makes sense for other users also.

I am interested in knowing your workflow. What will be the difference between “pending” and proposed “ready for pickup” in your case?

-Shyjal

I really hope that the feature for printing invoices in the order/dashboard application can be printed via a thermal or office printer

1 Like

Hi Chantiqa,

You can now print order details from dashboard > order detail page.

Hi Shyjal. That feature of the “Custom notes feature” sounds amazing! It would be great to add the postal tracking link directly through store.link instead of having to email it individually. It would also solve my other feature request to message customers through store.link as seen here: Inbox/Messages Tab in dashboard

I would absolutely love this custom notes feature!

1 Like

Hi Shyjal,
Is the custom notes feature ready yet? To answer your question

This is how it goes.

Scenario 1 (Delivery Order):
Customers orders via the page → Employee at store picks and packs the order → Delivers to customer (This can have statuses → Order received, Shipped, Delivered)

Scenario 2: Customer chooses a pickup order
Order Status of “Shipped” does not make sense here. Because we are running a brick and Mortar store and they have to come and pickup. So the ideal statuses should be “order received” → “order ready for pickup”